Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy to make and good.
- 3 roasting chickens, cut in parts
- 1⁄4 lb margarine or 1⁄4 lb butter
- 2 lbs large onions, sliced
- 3 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 cup blanched almond
- 1⁄8 lb margarine or 1⁄8 lb butter
- Sprinkle skin side of chicken parts with salt and paprika and broil on skin side only until nicely browned.
- Saute onion slices in 1/4 pound butter until soft.
- Add brown sugar, stirring over medium heat until melted.
- Add soy sauce and cook gently for 1 minute, stirring.
- Place chicken in single layer, skin side up, in a large shallow baking pan.
- Spoon sauce with onions over chicken, cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, top with almonds which have been split in half and sauteed in 1/8 pound butter.