Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
We really enjoy having cheese balls on hand during the holiday season. I created this cheese ball recipe for our new year eve party and was a huge hit. The addition of Knorr Vegetable Soup mix added a nice flavor. I also used this cheese ball as a filling for jalapeno poppers... another great idea.
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 236.59 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 118.29 ml shredded swiss cheese
- 29.58 ml Knorr vegetable soup mix (this is the same soup mix that is so popular for Spinach Dip)
- 14.79-29.58 ml finely chopped sweet onion (like vidalia)
- 14.79 ml finely chopped red pepper
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml lime juice
- 0.25 ml ground red pepper
- 236.59 ml coarsely ground almonds
- I use a rolling pin to slightly crush the bag of vegetable soup mix before I open it.
- Mix it up a bit so when you measure it out you will get part of the seasonings and part of the vegetables.
- Mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jack cheese, Swiss cheese, soup mix, onion, red pepper, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice and ground red pepper.
- Form cheese mixture into 2 balls and roll in ground almonds (or pecans) and press into ball to coat it well.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- This cheese ball will freeze well if desired.
- Flavors are best if served at room temperature.
- Serve with your favorite assortment of crackers.
- This cheese ball makes a great filling for Jalapeno poppers.