Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Prize-winning recipe from taste of home!
Make and share this Party Carrots recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs carrots, sliced
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces processed cheese, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place 1 inch of water in a large saucepan; add carrots and boullion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, combine process cheese and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Add the cream cheese, onions, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cream cheese is melted.
- Drain carrots; stir into the cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased shallow 2 quart baking dish. Cover and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
I actually got this recipe from Taste of Home and it is super good (and i don't even like cooked carrots)!! I use light cream cheese and velveeta and it tastes just as good!
I gave this recipe a try and was going to post it, but I see you beat me to it! So I'll be the first to review it! :) This carrot recipe is really good! The sauce is creamy and just a little sweet. It's a wonderful change from normal glazed carrots. I easily halved the recipe to serve 4. Thanks ocurt Schrock for posting this winner!