Sometimes simple is best! These have lots of flavor and are easy to eat since they don't get messy.
- Slice baguette into 1/2" slices on an angle.
- Pour olive oil into a shallow bowl, like a small cereal bowl.
- Dip each slice into the olive oil and place on a cookie sheet.
- Holding your hand very high, dust a tiny amount of kosher salt over the bruschetta. (Better to skip this step then to do too much. I would skip this step also if you only have regular table salt.).
- Cut the roma tomatoes in quarters and remove all of the seeds. Then dice them into 1/4" pieces.
- Sprinkle the diced tomato on the bruschetta. There should be no more than 4-5 pieces of tomato on each.
- Put no more than 2-3 pieces of basil on each bruschetta.
- Dust each piece with shredded parmesan cheese if desired.
- Broil for just a minute or two, watching carefully. They can go from just right to burnt in a flash!