Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
When I first experimented with this recipe it would yield half of this amount. However, it would be gone so fast when I served it that I had to increase the quantities. I am often asked for this recipe and it is a hit even with those who are not spinach lovers. We have also added crab meat to the leftover dip and broiled it on top of toast points.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (do not use marinated artichoke hearts or it will be too sour or tangy)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) alfredo sauce, found in the refrigerator section (like Buitoni from Contadina)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, freshly grated
- salt and pepper
- tortilla chips or baguette, cut in slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add alfredo sauce.
- Mix in the artichoke hearts, spinach and Parmesan and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Add garlic and lemon juice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix throughly.
- Spread evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cover, and let the dish bake uncovered for 5 more minutes, or until the surface is lightly browned.
- Serve with tortilla chips or sliced baguette.
I have made this at least 3 times and it is wonderful! The best spinach artichoke dip I have ever eaten! I add a little Tabasco and cayenne and I add a little extra lemon juice and I usually add extra spinach. Everyone loves it and requests the recipe when I serve it. i have even frozen the leftovers (not that much is left over) and when thawed in the microwave it is just as good! Thanks for a great recipe!
Loved it!I served this with fried bow tie pasta for dipping at a football game party and everyone loved it! I made 2 changes to the recipe.I used only 24oz.(3 8oz. packages)of cream cheese instead of 32oz, and I added monterey jack and parmesan cheese to the top of the dish before baking.It turned out to be wonderful and a big hit,Thanks so much!
Superb!!!! I made this dip for DD#1's wedding reception...it was a huge hit! I have shared the recipe for it MANY times in the past two weeks. Everyone just adores this delicious treat, and I thank you for sharing it. (my favorite way to serve is with bagel chips - yum!) Edited to say that we have modified this to make it healthier - we now use up to THREE BAGS of frozen spinach, microwaved and drained. It's far less rich but still delicious with extra garlic added too!)