1/1 Photo of Party Antipasto Skewers
These are so easy, good, inexpensive, made ahead, NOT cooked, and travel great. BBQ's, picnics, dinner parties, pot lucks or just a light side dish with the family. They are so versatile because you can use anything you like. I love cheese tortellini, artichokes, stuffed olives, grape tomatoes and salami. But this is antipasto ... Other great ingredients are; mushrooms, cocktail onions, mozzarella balls (not marinated), sopressata, proscuitto, peppadew peppers are great as well as pepporcinis. Use your imagination. These go fast and are so easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup Italian dressing (I used store bought to make this easy, but you can make your favorite as well)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers (mashed, just use a fork to mash them)
- 1/2 lb salami, sliced 1/8-inch thick cut into cubes
- 9 ounces cheese filled tortellini, cooked and drained (I prefer spinach)
- 1 (15 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, cut in quarters, not too small
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 stuffed green olives (I love the ones with anchovies or olives, but use your favorite_)
- Peppadew pepper
- 1These are rough estimates on the amount of ingredients, because you can make as many skewers as you want, and you can skewer them any way you want, and lastly, you can use any combination of ingredients you want.
- 2Skewered -- There is no right or wrong to this. And you can use 3", 6", or 8" skewers. So just add what you want. I like to add 1-2 of each for the bigger skewers and maybe just 1 of each on the smaller ones. I just used the inexpensive wooden skewers found right in the grocery store.
- 3I might put a artichoke heart, olive, ravioli, then a tomato, salami, another ravioli, olive, salami and artichoke. But you get the idea. Just have fun with them.
- 4Marinade -- Mix the bottled dressing, garlic and capers and pour over the skewers in a glass (non reactive pan) 13x9" pan. Make sure you roll them around so they are covered well. Cover with saran wrap and marinate 2-24 hours.
- 5Note, depending on how many skewers you make you make need to make additional marinade.
- 6Finish -- Remove from the marinade and grate some fresh parmesan over the skewers and garnish with a little fresh chopped basil.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Party Antipasto Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.6
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 33.6 mg
- Sodium 882.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stuffed green olives