Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very easy and tasty pie for the holiday season. It's full of cranberry, pears and nuts. Yumm
Make and share this Partridge in a Pear Tree Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 18 inches pie crusts
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup white raisins
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (29 ounce) can pear halves, drained
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- In a mixing bowl, combine cranberry sauce, orange zest, raisins and pecans.
- In pastry-lined pie plate, spread one half of filling.
- Arrange pears, cut side down, in spiral fashion, on filling.
- Spread with remaining filling exposing the cheek of the pear.
- From remaining pastry, cut design of partridge in tree.
- Arrange on top of pie.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
Obviously I didn't make this during the winter holidays, but that certainly didn't detract from serving this WONDERFUL PIE! Absolutely loved the cranberry/raisin combo & with the pears it was all outstanding! I'll be making this one again, for sure, probably several times more before the end of the year, when I can, at last, do the partridge thing with the crust! Thanks so much for posting this great keeper! [Made & reviewed as your prize for winning in the recent Tic-Tac-Toe event]