Recipe by Aroostook
This is simple fare--really a thick partridge/rice "stew". Serve with oyster crackers or crusty rolls.
Directions See How It's Made
- Place partridge and 1 cup onions in a sauce pan.
- Add water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 hours.
- Remove partridge and remove meat from the cage.
- Chop into small pieces.
- Add carrots and onions to stock.
- Add partridge and rice to hot broth and simmer covered for 20 minutes until carrots are tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste Stir occasionally while cooking.
- Serve with oyster crackers.