Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I just put this together tonight on the fly, came out surprisingly delicious!! I thought I would post it because I know the majority of time I'm on here, I'm looking for something simple and delicious ;-)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 (24 ounce) jars marinara sauce (I prefer Barilla Marinara for this)
- 1 (16 ounce) box spaghetti
- Mix beef, onion, green pepper, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, egg and spices together in large bowl.
- Heat marinara sauce on Med-Low.
- Form meatballs by hand and drop into sauce (raw). Mixture should yield 12 - 20 meatballs (depending on size).
- Let meatballs cook in sauce at least fifteen minutes before stirring, so as not to break the meatballs up in the sauce.
- Allow to simmer, covered, at least one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta according to box directions, drain and serve. Top with meatballs and sauce.
Are you Kidding me!!! These are FANTASTIC meatballs and for sure one of the best I have tasted. I am a great cook and have done meatballs for years but these far superior to any I have tried. LOVE LOVE them.
So simple and very tasty. Thanks for sharing a nice quick comfort meal. Made for Spring PAC 2014.