Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This came from the Ladies Home Journal. I thought it looked pretty good and I love new vegetables that I have not tried yet.
- 2 lbs parsnips, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 15 -20 sage leaves
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Toss together parsnips, oil and salt in shallow roasting pan. Roast until tender and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to serving platter.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook butter and sage until butter just begins to brown and sage is crisped, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour over parsnips and serve.
parsnips aren't my new favorite veg, but that has nothing to do with this recipe. the sage butter is tasty and goes well with the parsnips. Easy recipe and something I'd make again if I cared for parsnips.