1/4 Photos of Parsnips With Gorgonzola
Elly in Canada's Note:
A wonderful combination of sweet parsnips enhanced by the piquant taste of Gorgonzola cheese. Great as an appetizer, lunch or dinner with some crusty bread and a green salad dressed with a tart vinaigrette. I served it as a side dish with a roast of pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot of boiling water, cook parsnips whole in salted water until tender.
- 2This will take about 20 minutes.
- 3Drain, halve lengthwise.
- 4In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; cook parsnips until lightly browned on both sides, about 5 - 8 minutes.
- 5In a lightly greased baking dish fit parnips snugly, arrange parsnips cut sides up.
- 6Sprinkle onions over top.
- 7Break cheese into pieces and distribute over the parsnips; grind pepper over all.
- 8Bake 500F degrees until cheese is very lightly browned, 10 - 12 minutes.
- 9Serves 4 as a main course; 6 appetizers.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parsnips With Gorgonzola
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.1
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.5 mg
- Sodium 745.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: