Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Another British recipe from the cooking site, wuzzle.org. This is easy and good! For Zaar World tour!
- 1 lb parsnip, sliced
- 5 large potatoes, sliced
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated (or whatever cheese you prefer, I used a parmesan mix.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix parsnips, potatoes and bacon in an ovenproof dish. Pour in stock and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- cover and bake for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 10 minutes longer.
This was awful, I put in raw bacon, because it didn't say to cook it first. Yuck!
I was wary of this recipe not having any onion and/or garlic, but it is quite O.K. the way it is. However, next time I might add some. I cooked the bacon first....could not imagine putting it in raw. The only way I usually prepare parsnips is to mash them with carrots, so this was a nice change, and the potatoes took care of the starch in the meal at the same time. Thanks for posting Jessica......this will become a regular!
wasn't sure about this but it turned out to taste great, a real comfort type food and good with a bit of crusty bread on the side.