Recipe by personalchef
My Grandmother and my Mother made these for special occasions. They are really just Candied Yams, using Parsnips instead. Of course the Parsnips have a much nuttier and spice flavor than Yams.
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel parsnips and cut into as close as possible to 3" pieces.
- Bring water to boil, add salt and parsnips.
- Boil aproximately 20 minutes, until crisp tender.
- Drain parsnips, and place in shallow 2 Qt baking dish.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over top.
- Cut butter into 1 T. pats, place evenly over top of dish.
- Bake 30 minutes.