Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I had 2 carrots and 2 parsnips left in the refrigerator. So this is what I got.
- 1 -2 parsnip, sliced diagonally
- 2 -3 carrots, sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Cook parsnips and carrots in boiling salted water until just tender.
- Add honey, lemon juice and butter.
- Shake saucepan so mixture coats carrots and parsnips.
- Serve sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds.
Very nice taste combination. I was short on sesame seeds but the veggies were good even without the full amount. I made the dish up ahead of time. Sprinkled on the sesame and reheated it in a 350 oven covered for 25 minutes. Thanks Dancer for yet another enjoyable recipe