From a recipe book on 18th century frontier outpost recipes. "Parsnips present no storage problem as they can be left in the ground all winter."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook parsnips and potatoes in their skins for 20 minutes.
- 2Drain, reserving pot liquor.
- 3When cool, peel and cut into large slices.
- 4Place in baaking dish and add slivers of salt pork (or bacon) with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Cover with pot liquor and bake in a slow oven for 20-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parsnip Stew
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.6
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 419.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: