Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A warming soup ideal for the festive season.
- 900 g parsnips
- 50 g butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1⁄4 liters vegetable stock
For the greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 225 g spinach leaves, stalks removed
- Set aside 225g of the parsnips and finley chop the rest.
- Heat the butter and fry the onion and coriander until softened. Add the chopped parsnips and gently fry for 4 minutes. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 35 mins until veg is tender.
- Cool soup slightly and blitz until smooth.
- Roughly chop the remaining parsnips and heat the oil in a pan. fry the parsnips for 5 - 6 until golden and tender. add garlic and cook for another minute. add the spinach leaves and cook until wilted.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with the garlic mixture.