Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
This makes a really special soup for a christmas meal. If you want to make it look extra special shave a few strips off the parsnips and fry them to make designer crisps. The soup can be frozen for upto a month at the end of step 1
for the soup
- 1 lb parsnip, peeled and quartered
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500 ml milk
- 500 ml vegetable stock
for the chestnut cream
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened chestnut puree
- 100 ml milk
- 100 ml single cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the parsnips and onion in a pan with the milk and stock simmer for 25 minutes and blend until completely smooth.
- Season if desired.
- To make the cream, warm the puree, milk and cream together and season with salt, pepper and the nutmeg to taste.
- To get a frothy finish whizz in a processor.