Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Simple parsnip soup, good on a cold, wet and windy day. Serve with bread and butter.
Make and share this Parsnip Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 parsnips
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1⁄2 pint milk
- salt and pepper
- Peel the parsnips and chop roughly into even sized pieces.
- Slice the onion.
- Heat the oil in a oven proof pot and saute the vegetables for 4 to 5 mins until they begin to soften but not to colour.
- Add thyme (chopped), enough water to cover the vegetables and the stock cube and bring to a simmer.
- Put on the lid and pop into the oven (bottom oven of the AGA) for 30 mins or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Or continue to cook on the stove top at a simmer until the vegetables are cooked through. If cooking on the stove top check from time to time that the vegetables have enough liquid, you dont want them to burn!
- When the vegetables are cooked let them cool and then blitz the contents of the pot to a puree.
- Return the puree to the pan and add enough milk and water to make the consistancy that you like for your soup.
- Reheat, check seasonings and serve.
good easy recipe to follow, I like the idea to finish the cooking in the oven.
what an amazing soup, first class.