Simple parsnip soup, good on a cold, wet and windy day. Serve with bread and butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the parsnips and chop roughly into even sized pieces.
- 2Slice the onion.
- 3Heat the oil in a oven proof pot and saute the vegetables for 4 to 5 mins until they begin to soften but not to colour.
- 4Add thyme (chopped), enough water to cover the vegetables and the stock cube and bring to a simmer.
- 5Put on the lid and pop into the oven (bottom oven of the AGA) for 30 mins or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- 6Or continue to cook on the stove top at a simmer until the vegetables are cooked through. If cooking on the stove top check from time to time that the vegetables have enough liquid, you dont want them to burn!
- 7When the vegetables are cooked let them cool and then blitz the contents of the pot to a puree.
- 8Return the puree to the pan and add enough milk and water to make the consistancy that you like for your soup.
- 9Reheat, check seasonings and serve.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parsnip Soup
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.0
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 20.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable stock cubes