Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love this soup and I know a lot of people love parsnips also and are looking for different ways to use it. I found this wonderful recipe in a magazine and it is so quick and easy and great on a cold winter's night.
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 300 ml cream
- 600 g parsnips, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 1 oregano sprig
- 4 parsley sprigs
- salt and pepper, to season
- thick crunchy bread or toast, to serve
- Pour chicken stock and cream into a large heavy-based pan, bring slowly to the boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add parsnip and garlic, then simmer for 7 minutes or until parsnip is tender. Remove the pan from heat.
- Add oregano and parsley sprigs and puree with a food processor or stick blender.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with thick crusty bread or toast.
We love parsnips in our house, so having parsnip soup was a real treat. The sweetness of the parsnips really came out in this soup, and the cream made it nice and rich, and I think next time I'll try adding a little sauteed onion to give it another layer of flavor. I love making soup and I'm glad I can add this to my list of favorite ones. Thanks for sharing, Tisme!