Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is simply velvet. it is veery good and delicious with roast beef but can be addaped for many roast type meals depending on what you add at the end for your particular type of tastes.I.E. teaspoon of horseradish for roast beef. Fresh thyme for roast chicken...
- 1 lb parsnip (6-8)
- 2 potatoes, medium sized
- 3 garlic cloves, in skins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- peel and cut potatoes and parsnips in 1 inch cubes and put in steamer until very tender.
- roast garlic in small oven (Toaster Oven) for 15 minutes keeping them in there skins couple of drops of olive oil helps.
- in deep sauce pot melt butter and warm milk add garlic squeezing from skins with steamed potato and parsnip add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in food processer and blend until pureed. add sour cream and blend.
- Serve with your favourite roast, adding additional flavours at end for your type of roast flavour.
- Parsley root can be substituted if you cant find the parsnips.