Chef #457852 - bggio's Note:
This recipe is simply velvet. it is veery good and delicious with roast beef but can be addaped for many roast type meals depending on what you add at the end for your particular type of tastes.I.E. teaspoon of horseradish for roast beef. Fresh thyme for roast chicken...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1peel and cut potatoes and parsnips in 1 inch cubes and put in steamer until very tender.
- 2roast garlic in small oven (Toaster Oven) for 15 minutes keeping them in there skins couple of drops of olive oil helps.
- 3in deep sauce pot melt butter and warm milk add garlic squeezing from skins with steamed potato and parsnip add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Place in food processer and blend until pureed. add sour cream and blend.
- 5Serve with your favourite roast, adding additional flavours at end for your type of roast flavour.
- 6Parsley root can be substituted if you cant find the parsnips.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parsnip Puree
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.6
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 371.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 4.3 g