1/5 Photos of Parsnip Pudding
1 hr 20 mins
I love the taste of the humble parsnip not just in soups. This pudding goes very well with stews and roast meat or chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs parsnips (you will need approx 1.2 lb after they are peeled and cored)
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped or 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon butter or 1/2 tablespoon margarine
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 2 ounces grated fresh parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Clean the parsnips, cook, steam or microwave until they are soft.
- 3Mash them with the milk and butter, then add a good grating of nutmeg and the flour, then the chopped onion and the egg, and then add the salt and pepper and check the seasoning.
- 4Transfer this to a greased ovenproof dish and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- 5Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, the cheese might not brown or melt being Parmesan, it will make more of a thin crust, if you like melted cheese on the top, add little flecks of butter to the Parmesan, or choose a different cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parsnip Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.4
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 50.8 mg
- Sodium 47.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g