Recipe by chia
another twist on latkes. we eat these traditionally for chanukah, but we love them all year around!
Top Review by Hey Jude
These latkes are so delicious! We had these as a side dish to baked chicken and there wasn't a scrap left. Quick and easy too when using your food processor for grating all the veggies. Thanks chia, definite keeper...I'll be doing these again!
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, to taste
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded peeled potatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded peeled parsnips
- 1 cup shredded peeled carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt, pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- combine sour cream and horseradish, refrigerate combine parsnips, potatoes, carrots in a colander.
- press down with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- place in a large bowl, add onions, flour, salt, pepper preheat oven to 400 divide parsnip mixture into 10 patties (latkes) heat oil in skillet, fry 5 latkes at a time, about 3 minutes per side until brown, remove to a baking sheet, repeat with remaining latkes.
- bake latkes for 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
- serve with horseradish cream.