Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
another twist on latkes. we eat these traditionally for chanukah, but we love them all year around!
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, to taste
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded peeled potatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded peeled parsnips
- 1 cup shredded peeled carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt, pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil (for frying)
- combine sour cream and horseradish, refrigerate combine parsnips, potatoes, carrots in a colander.
- press down with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- place in a large bowl, add onions, flour, salt, pepper preheat oven to 400 divide parsnip mixture into 10 patties (latkes) heat oil in skillet, fry 5 latkes at a time, about 3 minutes per side until brown, remove to a baking sheet, repeat with remaining latkes.
- bake latkes for 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
- serve with horseradish cream.
These latkes are so delicious! We had these as a side dish to baked chicken and there wasn't a scrap left. Quick and easy too when using your food processor for grating all the veggies. Thanks chia, definite keeper...I'll be doing these again!
We really enjoyed these. I forgot to add any salt though I would recommend that you do add a bit. I made the cream with fat free sour cream and about 3 tsp. of horseradish which was the correct amount for us. I think next time I will cook them a little longer in the pan (like 5 minutes a side) to get them a little crisper. But they were crisp on the outside and soft on the inside with a lovely flavor from the vegetable mix.