Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are get for dinner or as appetizers. If spice is not your thing, use a mild curry.
- 1 lb parsnip
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry paste
- 1 small green onion, minced
- Peel parsnips; cut into 2 x 1/2-inch sticks.
- In bowl, toss together parsnips, oil, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Bake on greased baking sheet in 425 degree oven, turning occasionally, for 30 to 40 minutes or until browned and tender.
- In small bowl, stir together yogurt, curry paste and green onion. Serve sauce with parsnip fries.
I loved the fries as I thought the cumin and corriander offered the perfect counter-balance to the natural sweetness of the root vegetable. Mine were a tad overcooked but nice and crispy on the exterior. I liked the dip and thought it matched well, but thought the fries stood on well on their own.
Excellent fries. They taste a bit like sweet potato fries. Didn't need the dip - maybe a very fine drizzle over for presentation.
These were good. I think they could have cooked a little longer to crisp up more. Made a great side dish with chicken. Good on their own without the dip.