1/1 Photo of Parsnip Patties
These parsnip patties are really tasty, the sweetness and intense flavor really come through in this recipe. and a nice change from potato patties. The recipe may be doubled if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 small parsnips, peeled and grated (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (optional or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- 1 pinch teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 -4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons milk (or use half and half)
- 1/2 cup flour (more if needed)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (or as needed)
- 1In a medium bowl, beat the egg.
- 2Stir in milk.
- 3Add in the flour; mix until well combined.
- 4Add in the grated parsnips, red bell pepper, onion, the garlic and the dried dill (if using).
- 5Season with salt and pepper (or cayenne pepper).
- 6Form into 4 patties.
- 7In a skillet, fry the patties over med-low heat, until golden brown on the outside, and cooked through.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parsnip Patties
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.2
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 50.3 mg
- Sodium 63.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: