Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These parsnip patties are really tasty, the sweetness and intense flavor really come through in this recipe. and a nice change from potato patties. The recipe may be doubled if desired.
Top Review by justcallmetoni
As a parsnip lover this recipe intrigued me, but I needed a way to eliminate the frying. Instead, I cooked the patties using cooking spray over high heat in a non stick skillet for 2 minutes, just long enough to crisp the exteriors and get the patties to maintain their shape. After that I baked them at 500 degrees for 10 minutes - 5 minutes on each side. They crisped up beautifully and the inside was soft and tender almost creamy. I loved the combination of flavors of the sweet parsnips and peppers with the savory onions, garlic and dill. Yummy! Made for *Random Draw Tag*.
- 2 small parsnips, peeled and grated (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (optional or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- 1 pinch teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 -4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons milk (or use half and half)
- 1⁄2 cup flour (more if needed)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (or as needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg.
- Stir in milk.
- Add in the flour; mix until well combined.
- Add in the grated parsnips, red bell pepper, onion, the garlic and the dried dill (if using).
- Season with salt and pepper (or cayenne pepper).
- Form into 4 patties.
- In a skillet, fry the patties over med-low heat, until golden brown on the outside, and cooked through.