Prep 10 hrs
Cook 1 hr
A delicious heart warming soup just right for those winter nights that are starting to draw in.
Make and share this Parsnip & Parmesan Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 6.
- Simmer the parsnips in plenty of boiling lightly salted water for approximately 3 minutes or until just soft.
- Drain and put back into saucepan.
- Add 25g of parmesan and stir well covering the parsnips.
- Put the olive oil into a roasting tin and put into the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Add the parsnip and cheese mixture to the hot roasting tin and add the butter.
- Bake for about 45 mins turning regularly.
- Drain the leftover oil from the tin into a saucepan and cook the onion gently in this until soft.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the stock stirring constantly. Bring to the boil.
- Add the parsnips to the soup and simmer for 10 minutes with a lid on.
- Add the remaining parmesan. (You can always add more if you want to afterwards).
- Puree the soup in a blender. Return to the pan and add the cream and salt and pepper to taste.