A delicious heart warming soup just right for those winter nights that are starting to draw in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to gas mark 6.
- 2Simmer the parsnips in plenty of boiling lightly salted water for approximately 3 minutes or until just soft.
- 3Drain and put back into saucepan.
- 4Add 25g of parmesan and stir well covering the parsnips.
- 5Put the olive oil into a roasting tin and put into the oven for about 5 minutes.
- 6Add the parsnip and cheese mixture to the hot roasting tin and add the butter.
- 7Bake for about 45 mins turning regularly.
- 8Drain the leftover oil from the tin into a saucepan and cook the onion gently in this until soft.
- 9Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- 10Add the stock stirring constantly. Bring to the boil.
- 11Add the parsnips to the soup and simmer for 10 minutes with a lid on.
- 12Add the remaining parmesan. (You can always add more if you want to afterwards).
- 13Puree the soup in a blender. Return to the pan and add the cream and salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parsnip & Parmesan Soup
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.2
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 38.0 mg
- Sodium 1041.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 11.1 g