Recipe by sugaree
I got this from one of Jamie Oliver's cookbooks. Simple and what a wonderful mixture of flavors.
Top Review by juniperwoman
I made too many changes to be able to give this a star rating, but I did want to write a note to say how fantastic parsnips are with pasta. Who would have known?
My version was a clean-out-the-fridge hodgepodge, and it came out beautifully. Thank you for giving me the idea, sugaree. I had never cooked parsnips before, and discovered that they are delicious: sweet and tender!
I microwaved chunks of carrots and parsnips for twelve minutes with a little water, and then used the now-empty pasta cooking pot to saute some bacon. Into the pot went the some greens, balsamic vinaigrette, and garlic pepper. When the greens were all done, I added in the pasta, parsnips and carrots, and then I topped the whole lot with some Parmesan. Delicious.
- 12 slices pancetta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 parsnips, finely sliced
- 1 lb pasta
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (aprox)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan fry pancetta and rosemary in 2 tbl butter for two minutes.
- Add the garlic and parsnips and cook about three minutes until the pancetta starts to turn golden and the parsnips soften.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta and drain reserving about a cup of the cooking water.
- Mix the pasta with the parsnip & pancetta. Add the remaining butter and parmesan.
- Add a little of the cooking water to make the pasta creamy.