Recipe by Chef 'Diva Divine
for those meals when"bread" would top the meal i.e curries, indian dishes etc.......try these. A mom's meal pic featured in Taste Of Home
- 2 lbs parsnips (peeled)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tablespoon chives (minced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place parsnips in a large saucepan and cover with water; add salt. Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat; cover and cookfor 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and place parsnips in a large bowl; mash. Stir in the onion, flour, egg, & chives.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a well greased hot griddle.
- Flatten with a spatula. Fry until golden brown; turn & cook until second side is lightly browned.
- Drain on paper towels.