Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Love Parsnips and expecially baked parsnips! Use a chopped green onion if you do not have fresh chives. Be careful with the curry you just want a hint of flavor so put in a bit and then add if necessary You can even serve these as an appetizer
- 1 lb parsnip, peeled,cut into chips (apprx 2"X1/2" pieces)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder or 1⁄4 teaspoon curry paste
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- Place the chips on a lightly oiled cookie sheet or a parchment covered baking stone place in 425F Oven for apprx 35 minutes or until golden and cooked Flip the chips about half way through the baking time Meanwhile mix together the yogurt, chives& curry Serve the sauce along side the parsnip chips.
Delicious!! Loved the crunchy parsnip fries - and adored the yogurt dip!! Have some leftover dip which I will use with some veggies tonight! Thanks Bergy!!
These are so easy and sooo good. You don't even need the sauce to enjoy these, although that's tasty as well. The parchment-covered baking stone worked perfectly and the timing was right on. I could eat a heaping plate of these, Bergy. Thanks.
I just saw this recipe on a tv program and tried them , they are really good.