Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Creamy & delicious - I'm not a fan of parsnips but this soup is good! If you fancy an extra little kick, add a touch of curry powder (Curried Parsnip & Honey Soup!) but I prefer it without! Enjoy!
- 1 large potato, peeled & cubed
- 4 large parsnips, peeled & sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 pints vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 (4 ounce) carton cream
- salt & pepper
- Place the potato, garlic, parsnips and onion in a casserole dish / large pot over a medium heat and saute in some olive oil for a few minutes.
- Add the stock and let simmer for approx 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return to the pot and add the honey, cream & seasoning. Stir well, simmer for a further 20 mins & then enjoy!