Recipe by MechanicalJen
I love soup. Nothing in this to feel guilty about - and it feels so gourmet. Even better? Just a handful of ingredients. Enjoy!
Top Review by CongoGirl
I guess I don't like parsnips, but I didn't even make it through one bowl of this. The flavor was too overpowering. If you love parsnips and the flavor of bleu cheese, go for it, otherwise, it probably won't be your favorite.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 1⁄2 ounces parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 3 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 10 1⁄2 ounces broccoli
- 1⁄3 cup corn
- 1 ounce blue cheese, such as st agur or 1 ounce Roquefort cheese
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray large pan and heat. Saute parsnips and onion for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim broccoli and cut into small florets. Add to pan and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, until veggies are tender.
- Let cool slightly and puree with food processor. Season with pepper to taste, add the corn and bleu cheese.
- Heat gently for about 5 minutes until corn is tender and cheese has melted.