Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Sounds great but is as yet untried by me .
- 900 g parsnips
- 3 sticks celery
- 1 onion
- 2 oranges
- 50 g butter
- 750 ml chicken stock
- 250 ml single cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Peel parsnips, de-string celery.
- Chop onion, parsnips and celery roughly.
- Quarter the oranges, discard pips.
- Melt butter in large pot, add all vegetables.
- Cook 5 minutes, add oranges and stock.
- Season to taste.
- Bring to the boil, simmer 45 minutes.
- Remove orange pieces, squeezing out any juice.
- Stir in cream.
- Puree soup with stick blender.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley.