Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A nice smooth tasting soup that can also be made without the galic, but personaly I think the garlic adds a nice taste to it. I found it in a soup recipe book that I got when my DH couldn't eat any solids
- melt butter. add parsnips, fennel, garlic and onions and cook on moderate heat for 15 min, or until veg is soft.
- In a small bowl mix cornflour with 1/4 pt of the stock u til thick and smooth.
- fold mixture into the vegetables, then pour the remaining stock, stirring continuously.
- bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 20 min, stirring often.
- Place in a blender, then put back into saucepan.
- season to taste, stir in cream and heat without boiling.
- serve at once in warmed up soup bowls.