Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Roasted Parsnips and Carrots are my Wife's favourite. This is easy to prepare along with roast meat of any type.
- 1 lb parsnip
- 1 lb carrot
- 6 garlic cloves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- The recipe uses 3-5 parsnips and 3-5 carrots both peeled and sliced into 'logs', approximately 2-inch long, 1/4 - 1/2-inch on sides.
- toss the parsnip and carrot 'logs' with the garlic and olive oil until well coated.
- Spread the vegetables on a baking sheet so that they don't overlap.
- bake in a 450 deg. oven for 30-45 min or until browned. They should get turned every 10 min or so to ensure that all sides get browned.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving.
- Note: if the oven is cooler (to accommodate the roast meat) simply extend the cooking time until the vegetables are cooked to your satisfaction.
- The recipe will easily scale to fit your requirements.
well, i missed the "peel" part, so my veggies came out a little weird. they tasted OK though, despite the fact that i slightly overcooked them. made for the bargain basement tag game.