Roasted Parsnips and Carrots are my Wife's favourite. This is easy to prepare along with roast meat of any type.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The recipe uses 3-5 parsnips and 3-5 carrots both peeled and sliced into 'logs', approximately 2-inch long, 1/4 - 1/2-inch on sides.
- 2toss the parsnip and carrot 'logs' with the garlic and olive oil until well coated.
- 3Spread the vegetables on a baking sheet so that they don't overlap.
- 4bake in a 450 deg. oven for 30-45 min or until browned. They should get turned every 10 min or so to ensure that all sides get browned.
- 5Remove from oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving.
- 6Note: if the oven is cooler (to accommodate the roast meat) simply extend the cooking time until the vegetables are cooked to your satisfaction.
- 7The recipe will easily scale to fit your requirements.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parsnip and Carrot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.1
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 671.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 2.4 g