Recipe by Geema
From the Best of Gourmet, 1987...a heavenly combination of sweet root vegetables with a dash of cream and mustard. You will be able to practice your knife skills prepping this dish!
Top Review by woodland hues
DELISH!!!! Cut back to serve 4, so used 2 large parsnips and 2 large carrots, and 1 tbsp of cream, leaving the rest the same. This is definitely heavenly for root vegetable lovers, thanks for posting!
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 6 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook the onion in the butter over moderately low heat, stirring until it is just softened.
- Add the carrots, parsnips and season to taste.
- Stir the vegetables to coat them with the butter.
- Add the broth, bring the liquid to a simmer and cook the vegetables, covered, over moderate heat for 5-7 minutes or until they are just tender -- not mushy.
- In a small bowl stir together the mustard and the cream and stir this into the vegetables along with parsley and salt and pepper to taste.