Recipe by Patchwork Dragon
My mum pulled this out of a magazine many years ago...I love them...they freeze well and are handy to grab in the morning and take to work if you don't have time for breakfast.
- 300 g self raising flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 250 g parsnips, peeled and grated
- 8 fluid ounces milk
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 egg
- 125 g streaky bacon, de-rinded and snipped
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to Gas 7/425F/220°C.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and mustard powder into a bowl.
- Add the parsnips, milk, oil, egg and half the bacon.
- Season well.
- Beat until blended but do not overbeat.
- Spoon into muffin cases and sprinkle the rest of the bacon on top.
- Bake just above the centre of the oven for 20 minutes or until well risen.
- Cool in the tin for 2 minutes and then on a wire rack.
- Serve warm and buttered or cool and freeze and eat within 2 months.