Recipe by newspapergal
Much better than regular potatoes
Top Review by ~Leanne~
I made these last night for supper and we had no left overs. These are fantastic, so simple to make and they tasted great. I added a Tbsp of butter at the end when the potatoes came out just to make it a little richer, I served these with rib steaks, the best meal of the week. Thanks so much for posting an easy way to jazz up potatoes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel a strip of skin from each potato.
- Place potatoes in cold water.
- Set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat.
- Add oil.
- Saute onion and garlic 5 minutes, until tender.
- Add broth and 3/4 cup parsley, mix well.
- Bring to boil.
- Place potatoes in a single layer in skillet.
- Return to a boil, reduce heat, simmer covered for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Remove potatoes with a slotted spoon to serving bowl.
- Add pepper to skillet, stir.
- Pour sauce over potatoes, sprinkle with remaining parsley.