Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Much better than regular potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Peel a strip of skin from each potato.
- Place potatoes in cold water.
- Set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat.
- Add oil.
- Saute onion and garlic 5 minutes, until tender.
- Add broth and 3/4 cup parsley, mix well.
- Bring to boil.
- Place potatoes in a single layer in skillet.
- Return to a boil, reduce heat, simmer covered for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Remove potatoes with a slotted spoon to serving bowl.
- Add pepper to skillet, stir.
- Pour sauce over potatoes, sprinkle with remaining parsley.
I made these last night for supper and we had no left overs. These are fantastic, so simple to make and they tasted great. I added a Tbsp of butter at the end when the potatoes came out just to make it a little richer, I served these with rib steaks, the best meal of the week. Thanks so much for posting an easy way to jazz up potatoes.
This is my favorite recipe for Parslied Potatoes. I can't recall where I found the recipe, but this is a great one. Thank you so much for posting the recipe!
My potatoes were larger and therefore, I quartered them instead of just peeling the centers. This was a very flavorful, but simple side with steamed green beans and Recipe #177118. We love it, and will prepare these again.