Recipe by Kayne
I have always loved parslied potatoes, but could never find a recipe for them (this was before the internet!!!!) So, one day, I just experimented and came up with this. If you don't like a lot of butter, it can be reduced. I list red potatoes in the ingredient list, but have used all kinds. Also, in desperation, I have used dried parsley, and so long as it is soaked in the melted butter, it seems to work.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
A great side dish to steak. I used baby potatoes (called chats in Australia) and added a sprinkling of sea salt. By the way, this served six easily -- not the two servings indicated on the recipe.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, boiled and cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- While boiling the potatoes, melt the butter with the parsley in it. (I use the microwave, then set it on the stove close to the potatoes to keep warm.).
- Once the potatoes are cooked drain off the water.
- Pour the butter and parsley over them.
- Mix well. (I find that shaking the pan, with the lid on mixes it better.).