Recipe by Derf
Tasty vegetarian patties, serve in a toasted bun or pita bread, with melted cheese if desired, or as a side dish. (This is an old one, i think from Better Homes and Gardens)
Top Review by Sharon123
These were delicious! I did saute the chopped mushrooms first just a little bit( I thought it would give a bit more flavor). One question, where is the parsley? I added about 1/2 cup chopped parsley to the mix. My whole family and a guest loved these and asked for more.Thanks! [Editor's Note: the recipe was edited because of this review 10/15/02]
- 3 slightly beaten eggs
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, about 8 oz,coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb (your choice)
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, mushrooms, flour, bread crumbs, onion, jalepeno, if using, parsley and pepper; mix well.
- In a 10 inch, nonstick, frypan, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Using 1/3 cup mixture for each patty, shape mixture into 3 1/2 inch patties.
- Using a spatula, place 4 patties at a time into hot oil in frypan.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes per side till brown.
- Remove from frypan; drain on paper towels.
- Keep warm in oven.
- Cook and drain remaining patties.