Recipe by *Parsley*
In the summer grilling season, I like to experiment with different burgers so it's not the "same old" burgers each time. This recipe is one of my favorites.
Top Review by lazyme
My grandson and I made these and really enjoyed them. After reading the other reviews, I coarsely chopped up some fresh pineapple and used that instead of the the crushed. We were able to get the pineapple flavor with the chunks throughout the burger. Nice flavor sensation and we served some barbecue sauce for dipping on the side. Thanks Parsley for a nice treat. Made for ZWT7 for the Emerald City Shakers.
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2⁄3 cup crushed pineapple, WELL-DRAINED and patted dry with paper towels
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together (with clean hands) ground sirloin, soy sauce, pineapple and garlic. Add beaten eggs---mix well. Add bread crumbs----mix well. Shape into patties approximately 1/4 lb each. Grill as usual. Serve on buns with favorite condiments.
- makes about 8-10 burgers, depending how big you make them.