Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
In the summer grilling season, I like to experiment with different burgers so it's not the "same old" burgers each time. This recipe is one of my favorites.
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2⁄3 cup crushed pineapple, WELL-DRAINED and patted dry with paper towels
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In a large bowl, mix together (with clean hands) ground sirloin, soy sauce, pineapple and garlic. Add beaten eggs---mix well. Add bread crumbs----mix well. Shape into patties approximately 1/4 lb each. Grill as usual. Serve on buns with favorite condiments.
- makes about 8-10 burgers, depending how big you make them.
My grandson and I made these and really enjoyed them. After reading the other reviews, I coarsely chopped up some fresh pineapple and used that instead of the the crushed. We were able to get the pineapple flavor with the chunks throughout the burger. Nice flavor sensation and we served some barbecue sauce for dipping on the side. Thanks Parsley for a nice treat. Made for ZWT7 for the Emerald City Shakers.
I made half the recipe following the directions as written. I really liked the texture of the meat but I can't really say I could taste the soy or the pineapple. The garlic came through and that's always a plus! I think a grilled pineapple slice might work better for me. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7-Pacific Islands.
These were pretty good, but I think mine were missing something. I didn't have any breadcrumbs (and had just come back from the grocery) so I substituted rolled oats for the breadcrumbs. Maybe the fact I used plain oatmeal instead of the seasoned breadcrumbs made the difference. I followed the rest of the recipe as written, and cooked these on my GF grill. They did come out extremely moist and I could taste the pineapple (faintly), but they definitely needed something else for me. So next time I will use the seasoned breadcrumbs. I did add sea salt and pepper, but I think the seasoned breadcrumbs may be the trick :? Thanks for posting, will definitely try these again. Made for ZWT7 and the HOT PINK LADIES!