Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A friend of mine served this delicious dish last night and was more than pleased to share her recipe. It's a keeper for us!
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup sweet red peppers or 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions or 2 tablespoons white onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, more to taste
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Add all ingredients together; toss well.
- Chill overnight to blend flavours.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking (lemon juice, salt, pepper).
I'm glad I found this recipe. It's delicious. I followed it pretty strictly, but added more parsley. I love parsley, so didn't think the salad needed anything else. Thank you for sharing this with us.
This is exactly what we made this evening! We did add garden herbs too = thyme, oregano and basil = awesome!
This is a good, fresh tasting salad. I'm going to add a small red chilli next time for a little bit of bite. And I added another tablespoon of lemon juice as Lisa suggested.