Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 lb lean ground beef (see note)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with green pepper and onion)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- Combine the beef, onion and garlic in a saute pan, and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently to break up the meat, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cumin, oregano, salt and worcestershire sauce, and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 3 to 4 minutes, oruntil the meat loses its pinkness.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste and kidney beans, and cook another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley.