Recipe by Xexe
This dish needs to be made in advance as the shrimp has to chill for 4 to 8 hours before cooking to allow the flavors to set in. The cooking method used is broiling but the shrimp could also be grilled over charcoal or sauteed in olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup dried breadcrumbs (Unflavored)
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, Minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, Minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, Raw (8 to 12 count)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large lemons, cut into Wedges
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the 1 tablespoon Of extra virgin olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and breadcrumbs.
- Turn the heat down to the lowest possible setting.
- Stir the crumbs for about 3 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Put the breadcrumbs into a small bowl.
- Stir in the parsley and onion, season with salt and pepper.
- Shell the Shrimp. leaving the tail section intact.
- Cut a long pocket into their undersides by making a deep slit down the length from the tail stopping just short of slicing through the other end.
- Press a generous teaspoon of the stuffing into each pocket.
- Pile the shrimps on a plate cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours.
- Preheat the broiler and set the rack as close to the flames as you can.
- The shrimps should be about 5 inches from the flames as they cook.
- Arrange the shrimps on their sides in a single layer in a broiler pan or baking dish. Drizzle each shrimp finely with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Broil 2 minutes or until light pink on one side then turn the shrimps with tongs and cook another 1 to 2 minutes or until pink on the other side.
- They should be firm but not rubbery, please take care when cooking them as they over cook fast.Arrange the shrimps on a heated platter or serve them right from their baking dish. Sprinkle with a little lemon juice then arrange the remaining lemon wedges among them and serve immediately.