Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is originally made for fish but it is good on pasta also.
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk, hot
- 1 tablespoon light margarine spread
- 1 teaspoon light margarine spread
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In medium saucepan, melt margarine spread, add flour.
- Cook over low heat 2 minutes, until bubbly.
- Remove from heat: whisk in hot milk and chicken broth:.
- Add parsley flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Return to low heat and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- Pour over fish or pasta and serve.