Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Versatile sauce that I have very slightly modified from a traditional Welsh recipe. I love this stuff on hot Canadian bacon for brunch.
- 1⁄2 ounce unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 ounce plain flour
- 10 fluid ounces milk
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Put the butter, flour and milk in a saucepan.
- Heat, whisking continuously, until the sauce thickens, boils and is smooth.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Season to taste and add the parsley.
My husband is English and insisted on parsley sauce to go with fish and chips. This recipe turned out to be exactly what he was looking for.