Prep 5 mins
Cook 22 mins
A delightful delicate sauce for white fish.
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 ounce plain flour
- 10 fluid ounces milk ("or" mixture of milk and fish stock)
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a pan, but do not allow it to brown, then add the flour and stir until smooth.
- Cook over a gentle heat for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add the liquid, little by little, stirring after each addition to prevent any lumps forming.
- Bring the sauce to the boil, stirring continuously.
- Add the parsley, salt and pepper and cook gently for a further 3 minutes.