Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy and elegant salad recipe to pull together in nothing flat. Refreshing to the palate, this salad is ideal for light summer fare. Use the freshest parsley you can find. From www.walnuts.org
- 2 -3 bunches fresh curly-leaf parsley (NOT Italian flat leaf parsley)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a clean, dry cast iron skillet toast the walnuts until light golden brown and fragrant. Set aside to cool then chop coarsely.
- Salad Dressing: In a small non-reactive bowl combine all the ingredients and using a hand held immersion blender blend until smooth. Best prepared 1 hour in advance.
- Salad: Rinse the fresh parsley well under cold running water and shake vigorously or use a salad spinner to remove the excess water.
- Place the rinsed parsley in a salad bowl, pour the dressing over it. Sprinkle on the grated Parmesan cheese and walnuts.
- Using salad tongs, mix the ingredients well so that the dressing and Parmesan cheese coat the parsley thoroughly.
- Serve small portions, approximately ½ cup per person.