An easy and elegant salad recipe to pull together in nothing flat. Refreshing to the palate, this salad is ideal for light summer fare. Use the freshest parsley you can find. From www.walnuts.org
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 bunches fresh curly-leaf parsley (NOT Italian flat leaf parsley)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1In a clean, dry cast iron skillet toast the walnuts until light golden brown and fragrant. Set aside to cool then chop coarsely.
- 2Salad Dressing: In a small non-reactive bowl combine all the ingredients and using a hand held immersion blender blend until smooth. Best prepared 1 hour in advance.
- 3Salad: Rinse the fresh parsley well under cold running water and shake vigorously or use a salad spinner to remove the excess water.
- 4Place the rinsed parsley in a salad bowl, pour the dressing over it. Sprinkle on the grated Parmesan cheese and walnuts.
- 5Using salad tongs, mix the ingredients well so that the dressing and Parmesan cheese coat the parsley thoroughly.
- 6Serve small portions, approximately ½ cup per person.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parsley Salad With Toasted Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.4
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 300.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 4.8 g