Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
From the American Heart Association. Cooking time includes estimated chilling time but does not include time to cook potatoes.
- 2 cups potatoes, diced and cooked
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pimiento, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- In a a large bowl, combine all ingredients excpet mayonnaise. Toss lightly, cover, and refrigerate for several hours.
- A few hours before serving, add mayonnaise and stir well. Cover and return salad to refrigerator until ready to serve.
I have been making this potato salad since the Heart Association Cookbook first came out -- in the '70s. Celery seed adds unique flavor. My friends really like it.
Sort of an aquired taste I think. Didn't care for the combination.